Accessibility statement of Tietosuoja.fi
This accessibility statement applies to the website www.tietosuoja.fi and it was created on 22 September 2020. The statement has been updated on 20 December 2022.
We are committed to providing accessibility on the website in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
The accessibility of the service is assessed by an external expert organisation in September 2020. We also assess the accessibility of the website by self-evaluation.
State of accessibility of the digital service
The website Tietosuoja.fi partially meets accessibility requirements. All parts of the website do not yet meet the requirements.
Efforts will be made to rectify any detected accessibility issues by the end of spring 2023.
Features that do not yet meet accessibility requirements:
Files and images
- The alternative text descriptions of some images are missing. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- The website contains PDF files, some of which are not accessible. (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.5, 1.4.11, 2.4.2, 2.4.3, 3.1.1, 4.1.2)
- The website search has accessibility deficiencies that are related to focus, the order function, element layout and consistency of naming. Not all screen readers read the links on the search page. Not all links on the search result page can be used with a keyboard. (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.4.11, 2.1.1, 2.4.6, 3.2.2, 3.3.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.2)
- There are accessibility deficiencies in service paths concerning the naming of buttons and links, understandability, the labelling of the stages and the logical focusing order when using a keyboard. (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.5, 1.4.1, 1.4.11, 2.4.3, 2.4.4, 2.4.6, 3.2.2, 3.3.1, 3.3.2, 4.1.2, 4.1.3)
- There are problems with the mobile use of the website related to the alternative text descriptions of buttons and the language setting, moving the focus and the programmatic labelling of menu items. (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.4.1, 1.4.11, 2.4.4, 2.4.7, 3.2.2)
Feedback and contact information
Did you notice an accessibility issue on our website? Let us know and we will do our best to resolve the issue.
You can send feedback on accessibility of the Tietosuoja.fi website by email to saavutettavuus.tietosuoja(at)om.fi.
Communications of the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman is responsible for the accessibility of the website and the processing of accessibility feedback. We are committed to improve the accessibility of our website.
If you notice any accessibility issues on the website, first submit your feedback to us, i.e. the website administrator. It may take up to 14 days to receive a response. If you are not satisfied with the response or do not receive a response within two weeks, you can file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland has detailed instructions (in Finnish and Swedish) on how to file a complaint and how the issue will be handled.
Contact information of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Supervision Unit
www.saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi (in Finnish)
Telephone, switchboard +358 (0)29 501 6000