We promote responsibility in the digital environment
The Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman safeguards the rights and freedoms of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. We build awareness of the rights, duties and opportunities related to data protection and promote the development of the EU digital single market.
For individuals, data protection means better protection of their personal data and the ability to manage it. For businesses, it generates competitive advantage based on responsible operations. Taking care of data protection fosters confidence in the authorities. The public sector plays a significant role in the creation of a responsible data economy.
The cornerstones of our strategy
customer orientation, cooperation with stakeholders, European cooperation and well-being at work
- We will promote the citizens’ right to the protection of privacy and trust in the transparency of personal data processing in an increasingly digital society.
- We will successfully implement the objectives and effects of the data protection reform in national legislation and the activities of authorities.
- We will take preventive action to deter personal data breaches.
- We will promote the awareness of citizens, controllers and data processors of their rights and obligations related to data protection.
- We will promote the development of a single digital market within the EU.