Data protection is a success factor
The Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman safeguards the rights and freedoms of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. For us, data protection is a factor of success: for individuals, it means better protection of their personal data and the ability to manage it, while for businesses, it generates a competitive advantage based on responsible operations.
Our operating principles:
freedom of independent action, harnessing the power of the community, professionalism, proactiveness and guidance
The cornerstones of our strategy:
anticipation and prioritisation, competence, guidance based on information and alliances
communality, fairness and independence, timeliness, creativity, transparency and intelligibility
Our goals for 2017‒2020
- We will promote the citizens’ right to the protection of privacy and trust in the transparency of personal data processing in an increasingly digital society.
- We will successfully implement the objectives and effects of the data protection reform in national legislation and the activities of authorities.
- We will take preventive action to deter personal data breaches.
- We will promote the awareness of citizens, controllers and data processors of their rights and obligations related to data protection.
- We will promote the development of a single digital market within the EU.