- Release by the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman: European Data Protection Board issues guidelines on personal data processing related to the coronavirus pandemic (22 April 2020)
- Release by the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman: The Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman has published an FAQ on data protection and the coronavirus (23 March 2020)
- Release by the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman: Data protection and limiting the spread of COVID-19 (12 March 2020)
- Finnish Government: Information and advice on the coronavirus
- THL: Coronavirus COVID-19 – Latest Updates
The Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman’s services during the coronavirus pandemic
The Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman keeps a close eye on the coronavirus situation and guidelines on preventing the spread of the virus.
Due to the situation, we kindly request our customers to primarily use our services electronically, by e-mail or by telephone. We do not recommend visiting the Office to conduct your business. If your matter cannot be handled by e-mail or telephone, please book an appointment in advance.
Our telephone counselling service is open from 9.00 to 11.00, Monday to Friday.
Customers can leave documents at the lobby service, which will deliver them to the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman. If the customer requires a certificate of receipt, it will be delivered by post or e-mail. Please tell the lobby service if you will need a certificate.